Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show you the highlights of Paris: visit the Louvre Museum, have lunch at the Eiffel Tower, and see the Notre-Dame Cathedral.
Departure from Pyramides office in the center of Paris, where you will meet your guide. He or she will take you straight to the famous Louvre Museum right opposite the office. Your guide will take you through this must-see museum and tell you about the main artworks: the Venus of Milo statue representing the goddess Aphrodite, the impressive painting of The Wedding at Cana, the Coronation of Napoleon illustrating the emperor’s crowning in the Notre-Dame Cathedral, and Leonardo da Vinci’s famous Mona Lisa which is the most visited work in the Museum.
After your tour of the Louvre Museum which takes about 2 hours, your guide will take you to the river bank, before the Pont du Carrousel, to board a Batobus boat. The boat will take you to the Eiffel Tower where lunch awaits you. This short cruise will show you Paris from a different angle. You will see some of the superb bridges over the Seine and Paris monuments along the banks. The boat moors at the Quai de la Bourdonnais at the foot of the Trocadéro, right opposite the Iron Lady. Your guide will let you disembark to go to the Eiffel Tower. Your fast-lane ticket gives you quick access to the 1st floor where the “58 Tour Eiffel” restaurant is located. Enjoy an original picnic-style lunch in a friendly, relaxed setting with a superb panoramic view of Paris.
Lunch is followed by some free time for you to visit the Eiffel Tower and admire the breathtaking view of the finest Paris (You may take the stairs up to the 2nd floor without additional charge.)
Your guide will then take you back to the river shuttle. After about 20 minutes of cruising on the Seine, the boat arrives at the foot of the Île de la Cité in the historic center of Paris. Walk up to the esplanade of the Notre-Dame Cathedral to behold this masterpiece of Gothic architecture built between 1163 and 1345, with its spires and famous gargoyles. After telling you about the facade, you can take a guided tour inside followed by free time to walk around and look at the superb stained-glass and rose windows.
Agenda of your excursion:
- Departure from Pyramides agency at 9:30/10:30 to Louvre Museum for a guided tour of 2 hours
- River shuttle to the Eiffel Tower
- “Picnic” lunch at the 358 Tour Eiffel” restaurant
- River shuttle to Notre-Dame for a guided tour of the cathedral
English, Portuguese, Spanish and Chinese
The price includes
- River shuttle on the Seine River (except in January and February, and during the Seine river rises)
- Skip the line ticket to the first floor of the Eiffel Tower
- Lunch (2 dishes + drinks included) at the restaurant "58 Tour Eiffel" on the 1st floor
- Guided tours of the Louvre Museum and Notre Dame Cathedral (except when there is a church service)
- Skip the line ticket to the Louvre Museum
- The services of a tour guide
- Walking tour at a steady walking pace. This tour may not be suitable for people with walking difficulties
- Our excursion ends at the Notre-Dame Cathedral. If you wish, you may buy a ticket inside to go up the spires in search of Quasimodo!
- The skip-the-line access is subject to the Louvre museum procedures: The Vigipirate plan, the security control or an unforeseen crowd can slow down the entrance
Velouté of Puy green lentils, ravioles de Royans and ricotta with truffle oil
Eggs mimosa with celeriac remoulade and crabSpicy prawns, pasta, pomegranate seeds and vinaigrette with coriander
Chicory, poultry and walnut salad with a Roquefort cheese vinaigrette
Duck liver and confit terrine, pear and chestnuts with potato salad
Trout à la plancha, seasonal vegetables cooked in a shellfish bouillon
Large pasta shells with poached haddock, Jerusalem artichoke and beurre blanc sauce
Beef confit bourguignon-style, herb mashed potatoes and mushrooms
Comté from unpasteurised milk served with quince jam
Fromage blanc with mandarin orange and candied chestnut chips
Small pot of pistachio crème
Guanaja chocolate mousse with a praline crisp
Panna cotta with a mango and passion fruit marmelade
Seasonal fresh fruit salad
1 glass of wine or beer or soft
* Example of menu, subjet to modification
- 3 Parisian landmarks in one guided tour!
- lunch at the Eiffel Tower with a breathtaking view
- guided tour of Louvre museum and Notre Dame