Are you curious and passionate about gastronomy? The Marché de Rungis is an exceptional place that welcomes thousands of visitors each year. As the biggest market of fresh produce in the world, it has 5 gastronomic zones to discover: fish, meat, fruit and vegetables, dairy products and flowers.
With a guided tour of the largest fresh produce market in the world, we offer you a unique and tasty experience off the beaten track and only a few kilometres from Paris! This exceptional guided tour includes bus transport from Paris to Rungis and a “Terroir” breakfast.
At an hour when most people are fast asleep, set out to discover the people and trades who give life to this exceptional place by starting your visit of Rungis at the market’s largest pavilion: the Fish Pavilion. The hustle and bustle unfolds before your eyes… You will discover a range of fresh products, the finest fish and shellfish that will be sold a little later in the day at your fishmonger’s or neighbourhood restaurant...
Then head towards the Meat Products section, where your guide will lead you through the various meat, poultry and tripe pavilions that are the true strongholds of French gastronomic tradition.
This unusual and exclusive visit continues to the Dairy Produce Pavilion, where your guide will unveil the world’s biggest cheese platter! You will discover all the specialities of France and neighbouring countries: 400 varieties of cheese of all shapes and sizes and for all tastes are represented… A surprising discovery that will tickle your taste buds!
Your visit will then take you towards the fruit and vegetable sector. The colours, scents and even the sounds created by the warm ambience of the place will awaken all your senses. Rare and forgotten vegetables, exotically flavoured fruit…
Agenda of your excursion departure at 4:00am
- 4:00 a.m. Departure from Denfert-Rochereau by bus (latecomers will not be accepted, please be present 15 min before departure)
- 4:15 - 7:15 guided tour of Rungis Market
- 7:30 “Terroir” breakfast in one of the market’s brasseries
- 8:30 Return to Denfert-Rochereau by bus, arrival around 9:30 – 9:45 depending on traffic
Agenda of your excursion departure at 4:30am
- 4:30 a.m. Departure from Denfert-Rochereau by bus (latecomers will not be accepted, please be present 15 min before departure)
- 4:45 - 7:45 guided tour of Rungis Market
- 8:00 “Terroir” breakfast in one of the market’s brasseries
- 9:00 Return to Denfert-Rochereau by bus, arrival around 10:00-10:15 depending on traffic
- Return transport between Paris and Rungis by bus
- Bus transport on site
- 3-hour guided tour
- “Terroir” brunch (1 pastry, bread - butter - jam, fresh fruit salad, plate of cold meats/cheese, 1 hot drink, 1 orange juice and wine)
- Comfortable shoes recommended.
- Take warm clothing as temperatures can be quite cool in certain pavilions.
- Protective clothing is obligatory for reasons of hygiene and will be provided by your guide.
- Guided tour in French or English
- Discover the largest wholesale food market in the world
- Transportation to and from Paris
- Terroir Brunch with fresh products at the end of the excursion