Head south-east of Paris to discover the Vaux-le-Vicomte Estate. This architectural masterpiece is the result of the collaboration of three remarkable characters of the 17th century brought together by Nicolas Fouquet Superintendent of Finances to Louis XIV: the architect Louis Le Vau, the painter-decorator Charles Le Brun and the landscape gardener André Le Nôtre. Together, they attained the perfect balance between architecture and landscape design and built the Palace that was to arouse the envy of the Sun King. From the time of its opening, at the famous celebrations of 17 August 1661, onwards Vaux-le-Vicomte became the model from which all of Europe sought inspiration.
Your evening begins with a visit to The Carriage Museum with its magnificent display of old coaches and carriages in the great stables of the chateau. The vehicles are exhibited in several types of settings evoking the themes of the town, the countryside and hunting.
Next, enjoy dinner at the restaurant ‘Le Relais de l’Ecureuil’, situated in an annexe wing of the chateau. In the evening, visit the chateau and relive the history of this architectural gem with the aid of the audio guides at your disposal. Finally, explore the French formal gardens by candlelight – two thousand candles perfectly arranged to create a magical effect. The candlelit visit creates the perfect atmosphere for discovering from a different perspective this Palace of the Arts that was to inspire the Palace of Versailles.
*Excursion finishes in Paris. Drop-off at Montparnasse, Châtelet and Opéra at approximately 1am.
Agenda of your evening :
- Departure from Pyramides agency at 5:30pm
- Visit to the Château + The Carriage Museum between 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Dinner at the Le Relais de l'Ecureuil at 8:00pm
- Visit the French formal gardens by candlelight (Clasical music will be played)
- End of the excursion in Paris around 1:00am.
English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, German, Japanese and Russian.
Child (3-11 yrs): 110€
- Transportation in a luxury air-conditioned coach
- Admission ticket to chateau
- Visit to the Carriage Museum
- Dinner with drinks included at the restaurant ‘L’Ecureuil’
- Candlelit visit with audio guide of the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
Carpaccio of salmon marinated with Espelette pepper
Roast veal, Cream of mushrooms, Risotto with parmesan
Pear and caramel dessert (like an Opéra cake with pear fruit, caramel butter cream, sponge cake
1 bottle of wine for 3 people: red OR white
1 bottle of mineral water (still OR sparkling) for 4 people
* Exemple of menu, subject to change
- Discovery of an architectural masterpiece illuminated by two thousand candles
- Dinner at the restaurant ‘L’Ecureuil’ , in an idyllic setting
- Self-guided tour at your leisure of the French formal gardens with their perfect perspective extending over more than 3km