Set off for Giverny at 8.15am in the morning on a journey lasting 1hr30 aboard a luxury air-conditioned coach. See the village that inspired the famous Impressionist painter Claude Monet and which was his home for more than 40 years until his death. During your visit, admire the gardens consisting of the Clos Normand flower garden, the Japanese bridge, and the Water Garden with its water lilies.
Next, a self-guided tour of the house of Claude Monet and its various rooms which have been meticulously restored. See the little blue sitting room, the pantry, the private apartments and the artist’s studios. Admire reproductions of paintings by Cézanne, Signac and Renoir as well as sixty or so reproductions of Monet’s paintings placed in the artist’s studio, which evokes the atmosphere of yesteryear. Then, a pleasant breakfast awaits you at the restaurant Moulin de Fourges, located 10 minutes away from Giverny.
In the afternoon, discover the wonders of the Palace of Versailles and its gardens. The former hunting lodge of Louis XIII was transformed under Louis XIV into the magnificent chateau that we know today, a symbol of royal absolutism and the incarnation of French classical art. Follow your guide and skip the queues to visit the Palace’s finest rooms: the King’s Grand Apartment comprising 7 rooms, all sumptuously decorated on the theme of a God, and the Queen's Grand Apartment. Uncover the glorious events of the king’s reign represented in the Hall of Mirrors, which exalts the political, economic and artistic success of France over its entire length of seventy-three metres. Finally, explore the gardens of Versailles at your leisure and admire the many works of art, ornamental ponds, fountains, flowerbeds and groves along the paths of the Park.
Estimated arrival time back in Paris around 5.45pm.
Agenda of your excursion :
- Departure from Pyramides agency at 8:15am to Giverny
- Arrive around 9:45am at Giverny then visit to the house of Claude Monet
- Lunch at the Moulin de Fourges restaurant
- Departure to Versailles then guided visit to the Château
- Return to Paris around 5:45pm
- Skip-the-line ticket to the Palace of Versailles and gardens
- Admission ticket to the house of Claude Monet and gardens
- Lunch at the restaurant Moulin de Fourges
- The services of a driver guide-interpreter, with individual audio-guide commentary at Versailles
Shoes without heels are strongly recommended (parquet in the rooms and large paving stones in the courtyard at Versailles)
Pushchairs are not allowed in the palace
English, French, spanish, Portuguese and Japanese
- Adult 189€
- Child (3 - 17 yrs) 115€
- Skip-the-line access to the Palace of Versailles is subject to certain constraints: the Plan Vigipirate, security controls or unexpected high visitor arrivals may exceptionally result in some waiting time
Lentils and smoked haddock, salad
Chicken, potato puree
Homemade apple tart, crème fraîche
1/4 bottle of red wine (white wine on request)
Carafe of water
Seasonal vegetable quiche and curly endive salad
Selection of cooked and raw seasonal vegetables
Apple tart (ice cream or cream)
*subject to change
- Skip-the-line access to the Palace of Versailles
- Guided tour of the gardens at Giverny and the Palace of Versailles
- Lunch in a bucolic setting, at Giverny
- Self-guided tour of Monet’s artist’s studio and the gardens of Versailles