Discover 2 architectural wonders 1hr from Paris in the course of a day trip to the chateaux of Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau.
At 9.15am, climb aboard a luxury air-conditioned coach that will take you to visit the first chateau of the day, situated 1hr from Paris: the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte.
Built in the 17th century, its famous owner was none other than Fouquet, Superintendent of Finances to Louis XIV. To create this architectural gem, this visionary had the idea of bringing together for the first time in France and on the same project, the most talented artists of the time: the architect Louis Le Vau, the painter-decorator Charles Le Brun and the landscape gardener André Le Nôtre. These men were also responsible for the Palace of Versailles and its famous gardens.
With an audio guide, discover the private apartments of Nicolas Fouquet, the ceremonial salons and the chateau’s great kitchen and its vaulted cellars. Don’t miss the French-style gardens with their many fountains.
You can picnic on the lawns or have lunch at the estate’s restaurant.
At 1.30pm, you will set off for the Château de Fontainebleau, situated around 45 min from Vaux-le-Vicomte.
This magnificent Renaissance-style chateau has the particularity of having been continuously lived in by kings and emperors for 7 centuries, from François 1 to Napoleon III…
With its origins dating back to the 12th century, it is not surprising to see a succession of different architectural styles – medieval, renaissance and classical – at Fontainebleau.
With your audio guide, learn more about the unique pieces preserved in this important place for French royalty. The throne of Napoleon 1 is currently kept here and you can also admire the famous horseshoe-shaped staircase as well as the grand fully-furnished private apartments. Three delightful gardens and a large park will round off your visit before the return trip to Paris.
You will depart from the Château de Fontainebleau at 5pm and arrive back at the agency in the centre of Paris around 6.15 pm.
Agenda of your excursion:
- Departure from Pyramides agency at 9:15am
- Arrive at Maincy around 10:15am then free visit to Château Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Departure to Fontainebleau at 1:30pm then free visit to the Château
- Return to Paris at 5:00pm to arrive around 6:15pm at Pyramides agency
French, English, Spanish, Italian, German, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish and Russian.
Adult : €75
Child (3-11yrs) : €52
Prices includes :
- Transportation in luxury air conditioned coach
- Visit to the Château de Vaux le Vicomte with audio guide and visit to the French-style garden
- Visit to the Château de Fontainebleau with audio guide
- Entrance tickets to the two chateaux
Price does not include :
- Transport to/from your place of residence
- A full day out at Fontainebleau and Vaux-le-Vicomte, leaving from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Vaux-le-Vicomte: a dream chateau that was to be the inspiration for Versailles
- Fontainebleau: a majestic royal chateau
- Audio guides to visit the chateaux and free time in the gardens