Experience the Caves du Louvre, a mythical place where wine and history meet.
These ancient 18th century wine cellars are situated a stone’s throw from the Louvre Museum in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. Built by Trudon, the sommelier of Louis XV, in the cellar of his private mansion, they were once used to house great wines for the king and his court.
Now completely renovated, the Caves du Louvre are still today synonymous with good wine.
Stroll along 600 m² of vaulted wine cellars and discover all the secrets of making a good wine via an application and a journey of the senses.
Discover the wine cellars and treat yourself to a wine tasting!
Discover the history of wine and the secrets of creating a great vintage on a 45-minute sensory journey. Five rooms symbolizing the 5 senses will mark your route.
Just download the application at the entrance and let yourself be guided by the information provided. Numerous videos, quizzes and information will take you on a subterranean discovery tour!
After your visit, indulge in a wine tasting experience for more discoveries. Don’t miss the opportunity to create your own wine bottle label which will then be stuck onto a bottle of delicious French wine. Ideal for an original gift or to customize your own stock of wine!
Everything in the Caves du Louvre is a pretext to discovery!
Languages available for the mobile application
French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Chinese
Prices and packages offered
Visit to the Caves du Louvre - Adult: €11
Visit to the Caves du Louvre + 1 glass of wine to taste - Adult: €15
Visit to the Caves du Louvre + 3 glasses of wine to taste - Adult: €19
Visit to the Caves du Louvre + 3 glasses of wine to taste + 1 bottle with customized label
Free for children under 18 yrs
- Free visit during opening hours of the Caves du Louvre - Minors under 18 yrs must be accompanied by an adult and will not be able to taste the wine.
They will be offered free grape juice instead.
- Free Wi-Fi. Convenient for downloading the application on site
- Smartphone loan available at the entrance
- A historical and privileged location close to the Louvre
- A fun visit to discover or rediscover the secrets of making a great wine
- Wine tasting and creation of wine bottle labels are possible at the end of the visit
- Staff fluent in 6 languages