Come and discover the Palace of Versailles, the residence of the Kings of France and a gem of architecture, listed as a Unesco world heritage site.
This sumptuous palace started out as a hunting lodge belonging to Louis XIII. It was only during the reign of Louis XIV that the chateau was extended after extensive work. By making it the home of the royal court in 1982, the Sun King began to turn it into the palace that we see today: one of the finest works of French art of the 17th century.
Your tour will begin at 8.45am in the centre of Paris, from where an air-conditioned luxury coach will take you to the Versailles Estate.
On arrival, you will discover the sumptuous building in the classical style designed by Louis Le Vau and decorated by Charles Le Brun. Your fast-track entrance ticket will enable you to start your visit without having to wait. Follow the guide through the finest rooms in the palace: receptions rooms, bedrooms and the Royal apartments as well as the famous Hall of Mirrors designed by Jules Hardouin-Mansart. These rooms and galleries, full of history, will reveal all their secrets to you by the end of your tour.
Afterwards, explore the gardens and park of the Palace of Versailles. Designed and laid out by André Le Nôtre during the reign of Louis XIV, they are a key point of your visit. Stroll along the pathways, around the ornamental ponds, along the Grand Canal, and admire the many works of art throughout the park.
The return trip to Paris, by luxury coach, will be around 12.45pm.
French, English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese and Russian
Adult : €85
Child (3-17yrs) : 51€
Price includes :
- Transportation in luxury air conditioned coach
- Priority access for the Palace of Versailles and its gardens (except on certain dates for the Gardens*)
- The services of a licensed multilingual guide with individual earphones
*From April 1 to October 28, the entrance fees to the gardens are NOT INCLUDED :
- On "Musical Fountain DIsplay" days ( Saturdays and Sundays, Tuesdays from May 22 to June 26, May 8th & 17th, August 15th)
- On "Musical Gardens" days (Tuesdays from April 3 to May 15 and from July 3 to October 23),
- On bank holidays and exceptional days.
- The Palace of Versailles, the Grand Trianon and Domaine de Marie-Antoinette are closed on Mondays, December 25, January 1 and May 1.
The parc and the garden are open every day from 8.am to 8.30 pm.
- We suggest a good pair of walking / flat shoes to avoid discomfort. No high heels.
- Pushchairs are forbidden inside Versailles palace.
- This tour is not suitable to clients with walking difficulties.
- Pictures without flash are permitted inside the palace.
- Avoid to reserve your visit Tuesdays morning as Versailles palace is overcrowded.
- Guided tour in the morning of the Palace of Versailles, departing from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Priority access to the Palace of Versailles
- Self-guided tour of the gardens laid out by André Le Nôtre