Due to the arrival of the Tour de France, the monument will be exceptionally closed Sunday 23 July 2017
A unique view of the Champs-Élysées, the world’s most beautiful avenue.
The Arc de triomphe was begun in 1806, on the orders of Napoleon I to honour the victories of his Grande Armée.
Inspired by the great arches of antiquity, the monument combines the commemorative with the symbolic and it has always played a major role in the national republican consciousness.
Every evening, the flame is lit on the tomb of the Unknown Soldier from the Great War. An exhibition portrays the history and explains its symbolic importance, nationally as well as internationally.
The terrace provides superb views both by day and night across the city and its great sweeping avenues.
Independant tour : €12
- The tour is free for under 18s as well as 18-25 year olds from countries within the European Union
- The free ticket must be picked up at the entrance
- A panoramic view of the world's most beautiful avenue: the Champs-Elysées
- Self-guided tour of one of Paris's iconic monuments
- Access possible in the evening for fantastic night views