Exhibition Vermeer and the Masters of Genre Painting
The Louvre Museum will host the "Vermeer and the Masters of Genre Painting" exhibition from 22 February to 22 May.
Jointly organised with the National Gallery of Ireland (Dublin) and the National Gallery of Art (Washington), the show takes a new look at the rising generation of artists who, like Vermeer, developed a fresh, sober, poetic vision of everyday life, with The Milkmaid being the most famous example.
IMPORTANT: Remember to go to the opening to visit Vermeer exhibition!
Booking of a time slot is required for entry to the exhibition. Tickets to be collected from the ticket office at the museum on the day of your visit.
Booking process required for the Vermeer exhibition:
1. Select your ticket "Louvre Museum" for 15€. We recommend you to choose your time slot before booking your ticket. To do so, go to the Louvre Museum website by clicking here.
2. Select a date and a time slot.
3. Select "visiteur gratuit" option and the quantity wanted
4. Fill in your information
5. Print the countermark to be presented at the Louvre, with your admission ticket to the museum
For further information please contact: email@example.com or call to 01 49 52 53 55
Let yourself be captivated by one of the finest museums in the world!
By far one of the most visited cultural sites in France and in the world, the Louvre Museum is a top landmark Parisian site. With its rich architecture and the masterpieces within it, the Louvre Museum will take you on a journey from Antiquity to the 20th century. More than 35,000 works await you at the Louvre Museum, including iconic artworks such as The Mona Lisa and The Venus de Milo. Enjoy visiting the museum's 8 departments at your own pace.
Skip-the-line undated ticket
Adult : €15
- Admission to the Louvre is free for children under 18yrs.
- Under-18s do not need to pick up a free ticket at the ticket office if they are accompanied by their parents, who have an entry ticket to the museum (or monument). They walk through with their parents, and will only need to show their ID.
- Admission is free to the permanent collections of the national museums and monuments for European Union nationals under 26-years-old (on presentation of a valid piece of identity).
- Remember to check entrance fee conditions on the museum's website.
- National Museums are free the 1st Sunday of the month from October to March and on the 14 of July.
- It also gives admission to the Eugène-Delacroix Museum on the same day.
Museum Eugène Delacroix address :
6, rue de Fürstenberg 75006 Paris
Subway : Saint-Germain-des-Prés/Mabillon
The Museum Eugène Delacroix is open every day from 9.30 am to 5p.m except Thuesdays.
- Priority access to all rooms in the Louvre + temporary exhibitions (subject to availability for the exhibition Vermeer)
- Self-guided tour of the Louvre Museum